Tangaroa College & Level 3

21st September 2021

Dear Parents / Caregivers

The Government announced yesterday that Auckland will move to Covid-19 Alert Level Three as from 11.59 p.m tonight, the 21st of September.

As Otara is an area of Covid “interest” and Delta is so fast moving and contagious, the Tangaroa College Board of Trustees has made the decision, that for the well being of our students, the school will not open until Monday the 18th of October, the beginning of Term Four – if we are in Level 2. Their decision is supported by the Ministry of Education.

Online learning will continue for all students until Friday the 1st of October which is the end of Term 3 and the beginning of the 2 week school holidays. Please encourage your children to keep participating with online learning.

When we do return to school, I can reassure all parents that it will be safe, we will have clear processes in place, and these will be shared with everyone closer to the start of  term 4.

We will continue to keep in touch with families and will forward any further information as it comes to hand.

Please do not hesitate to contact the school for assistance or if you have queries and, as always, be safe,