Kia ora Koutou Tangaroa College whanau
It was a big relief to hear we are moving back to Alert Level 2 at the beginning of next week, Monday the 31st of August. We look forward to welcoming all our students and staff back on site at that time.
Thank you once again to our parents and caregivers for the support and resilience you have shown through Alert Level 3.
Strong vigilance, good hygiene practices along with the hard work our health authorities are doing to identify and support any confirmed case and their close contacts remain important for all of us.
Just a reminder that while everyone is onsite at Alert Level 2 next week, we must adhere to key health measures including:
* Good hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette
* Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others (in class this means no touching each other and keeping out of breathing distance)
* Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily
* Displaying QR Code Posters at our entrances and encouraging all of our community to download the NZ COVIDTracer App. and use it if they come onsite
* Keeping a Visitor Register for anyone who is unable to use the App and for other visitors who come onsite.
We know all these measures will help keep our community as safe as possible and because of these your child does not need to wear a face covering at school, however, we will of course, support them should they choose to do so.
For those of you who might be finding things more difficult than usual, a reminder that there is a large range of support available for business and the community. We encourage you to go to covid19.govt.nz for more information, or get in touch and we will help you find the information and support you need.
A reminder that the school gates will be closed at 9.00 a.m. in the morning and the end of the day will be at 2.35 p.m . Please ensure your children are at school no later than 8.55 a.m. to begin Period 1 at 9.00 a.m. We will continue to have subject blockings for students and this information will be sent to Parents. Blocking will commence at 2.35 p.m
Vigilance is required so please make sure your children go straight home after school and not hang around the local parks and or shops. If you are going to be late collecting children, please let us know and we can have an area within the school for them to wait safely.