Kia Orana koutou Tangaroa College families,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our parents and families once again, for supporting us through the last 22 weeks of school. The interruption of Covid-19 saw the education system being disrupted and turned up-side down. We as a school, navigated our way through the disruption, to make sure our students’ well-being and learning were always a school wide focus, we had to make necessary changes. The changes included:
- Later start of 9am
- Earlier finish of 2.20pm
- Subject tutorials from 2.30pm to 4.00pm
- Some course adjustments with a heavy focus on academic mentoring for students.
- Monitoring and managing entry into the school grounds
- Introduction of new initiatives that support students learning in the workplace
- An integrated Junior Curriculum focus on Covid-19
- We start the day with Wa Akoranga (formerly called Tutor) at 9.00am. A time for students to settle into the day.
We will continue with these new changes with a few minor adjustments to the end of day, including extending the length of periods 1 to 3. We will continue to start at 9.00am but finish at 2.30pm and continue with subject tutorials from 2.35pm to 4.00pm.
The student voice we received regarding the changes has been positive and students have adjusted extremely well, focused, and settled in their learning.
Once again thank you for your support and we look forward to Term 3.