There are many pathways to success
At Tangaroa College we value our students as individuals. We believe each student has the potential to be successful – yet the personal achievements of each student will be different. Our curriculum offers students a wide range of academic courses, work skills programmes, learning experiences and activities to develop their academic, social and physical skills.
Our timetable is structured to give students the widest possible choice to meet their individual needs.
- Our Health Science Academy provides Year 11, 12 and 13 students with a clear plan, mentoring and a pathway directly into Health Science tertiary study and careers such as medicine, nursing, dentistry etc.
- Our Academic Programme prepares students for NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3. Students earn credits towards NCEA and other National Certificates and Diplomas.
- Our Careers Courses prepare students for the world of work and assist all students to create a career plan. Students can gain credits towards NCEA whilst in work experience and in partnership with tertiary providers.
- Multi-level Study allows student to study subjects at different levels according to their needs.
- Students may study a combination of year 11, 12 and 13 subjects.
- The whole school Tutor Programme works with students to develop learning strategies and enables all students to set individual targets and plans for their achievement.
- Year Level Deans and Tutor Teachers offer all students from Year 9 to Year 13 an opportunity to set achievement goals and monitor their progress throughout the year with a process of Academic Mentoring.